Friday, August 1, 2008

Where did the day go?

I had a doctor's appt. at 8:30 a.m. (which I have been getting up at this time during summer break) so after the appointment I thought I would come home come and write about the wonderful time I had with 3 other ladies going to Omaha, visitng Boys Town and getting some pointters on how to start this Parent Support Group that I am co-chariman on. Well, to get on your blog you MUST remember your e-mail address and password!! I am not that OLD so this should not have been difficult but I created a Myspace and a blog page the same night using different account e-mails and passwords for each one that is even different than my regular yahoo account, and I didn't write them down because I knew I would remember them in the morning.
Let's just say I spent 4 hours trying to come up with anything close to it, NOT A CHANCE!!! So I finally e-mail my friend Heather to tell her I would be making another blog page. She doesn't e-mail me back to ask why but calls me because she knows this has got to be too good to be true and wanted to probably hear the laughter in my voice because I am all about laughing at my own mistakes. I so enjoy this womans laughter too, it's what makes us human. So the great friend she is, she doesn't explain to me how to start over she says"Let me make one for you and it will be awesome!! Gee, just like our Heavenly Father would say "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest!" Well she came through and I have an awesome blog and I wrote down my blog page, e-mail, and password. I am weary and I am going to go rest! HA!
Oh, about last night, I made some new friendships and increased my confindence to start the support group but the thing that really amazed me was we set in on a support group and they didn't know us and we didn't know then and they were saying the same thing about their teenagers that we as parents are stressed about. I guess if you are a parent of a teenager no matter where you live, they are having the same issues as others!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Sherry, glad you are enjoying your new blog page. Wish we could have gone to the meeting a Boy's Town. You are going to be awesome on the team. I know it is something needed and it will happen. Love Ya

Heather said...

So glad you went to the meeting at Boys Town. I am REALLY glad you gained some confidence by going. You have so much more to offer than you give yourself credit for. I can't tell you how happy I am that you are going to work on the Parent Support group! You're awesome!

So glad your blog page is up and going and you remembered your passwords:) Like the new colors!!!

See you tonight:)
Love ya!