Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back to Work!!

The summer break is almost over for me and I will be going back to work officially Aug. 19th. For the ones that don't realize where I work at, I am employed with the Red Oak Community Schools and I will be working in a new building and with new staff memebers.. I am really excited to meet new people and to work with Pre-K children! Those are just some of the things I am looking forward about returning to work. I honestly am feeling very blessed with this new chapter in my life! God is really good to me and his timing of answered prayer is awesome!

Some of the things that I am really going to miss about being home is, I'm going to miss getting up every morning and hanging the clothes out on the clothes -line, they smell so good and sheets always feel so good when you put them on the bed. My boys will not miss the towels being hung out, they think the dryer towels feel better! Wait until theyhave to pay bills and maybe then they will understand why I did it so much!

I am also going to miss just picking up the phone and talking to my mother whenever I feel like it , that is such a blessed time for me because you never know when the day will come and I won't be able to have that chance anymore or friends that you can count on to lift you up on bad days or joys you want to share with them and have them to share what is going on in their life too!

I am also going to miss my time of devotions, not that I don't do them when I am working but at 5:00 in the morning sometimes I wonder if I am really understanding what I am reading and when I close my eyes to pray, I'm scared that I might have nodded off just alittle. (I don't drink cofffee either so I have to wake up on my own). It just seems like I am more relaxed and I feel I just have more time to wait on HIM!

I'm also going to misss the little conversations I have with my boys, (OK the older son we may have more intense conversations but we are still talking) as a mother it's just a safe feeling knowing you can look at your children anytime of the day and they are there or you can hear them screaming becasue they are having a conflict with each other. Oh what a sound!!

The one thing I am looking forward to is starting up our youth group again (OK in may I wasn't thinking the same way) but I am ready because I won't be seeing them all day like last year because I won't be in that buliding this year, so am anxious to see them again!

I know in my heart God stil has so many things that he wants me to experience through his love and grace it's worth getting up and going back to work!! Life is so much more rewarding when you have him as a friend!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hang cloths out, what in the world is that all about??? From CA we don't hang cloths on the line, used to but someone was stealing them. Great post, the good and bad of working, I know your family will miss you being home also. My Mom was home in the summers with us and it always made them better. Glad you talk with your Mom often, I still miss picking up the phone and calling mine and she has been gone a long time.

Heather said...

I am so glad you get that time off in the summer. I would do anything to be able to stay home with my children.

I can't wait for youth group either. I'm soooo pumped. I've missed those buggers over the summer. I've kept in contact with quite a few of them, but it's not the same. I have a feeling that youth group is going to really 'expand' this year. I think we will end up with a lot of kiddo's. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya, sister